Handy Supplement Selector makes it easy to optimize your health and healing
When you’re first diagnosed with any medical condition – whether it’s fibromyalgia, high blood pressure, osteoporosis or epilepsy – it’s a terrifying feeling. You feel helpless … hopeless … and overwhelmed by the magnitude of what you’re going through now, as well as what lies ahead.
While you can’t choose which conditions impact your well-being, you can decide how you’re going to tackle them. You can take steps to manage your health by working closely with your medical practitioner, keeping abreast of the latest medical breakthroughs, and taking the appropriate dietary supplements for your unique situation. You can regain control – and feel a sense of power in what could otherwise seem like a powerless situation.
Dietary supplements play a vital supportive role in maximizing nutrition and good health. They can augment the foods you eat to ensure you’re getting the nutrients your body needs and can also support the treatment for specific concerns. But not all supplements are created equal – and that’s why it’s critical to know which ones are formulated to address support of your particular scenario.
As with all health recommendations, you’ll want to consult with your doctor or holistic practitioner to make sure that supplementation is right for you – and can work in concert with other procedures or protocols currently in play.
We’ve prepared a handy grid (below) of the supplements that we’ve found best support common patient ailments.
Here are our top 10 favorites:
1. VITAMIN B SUPPLEMENT
Containing vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12 in a highly accessible bioavailable co-enzymated form, this comprehensive vitamin B supplement also includes a blend of natural folates called NatureFolate™.
Each of these readily available, water soluble B vitamins plays an important role in the body, ranging from boosting the support of immune systems of those with asthma, enriching the support of uterine lining for women with endometriosis, and support regulation of hormonal factors that can cause fibrocystic breast changes to increasing energy levels for those with fibromyalgia, alleviating back pain, and supporting those suffering from seizures and rosacea.
2. ULTRA GAMMA E COMPLEX VITAMIN E
This dietary supplement is the Rocky of dietary supplements – it’s nimble, versatile and packs a powerful punch. It’s a full-spectrum vitamin E product that boasts eight naturally occurring tocopherol and tocotrienol isomers, is made with non-GMO ingredients, and features MCT (medium chain triglycerides) oil for superior absorption and enhanced bioavailability.
Vitamin E may help support:
- Protect against the development of atherosclerosis
- Reduce the likelihood of bronchial asthma
- Prevent cataracts and reduce the worsening age-related macular degeneration
- Stave off cervical dysplasia
- Prevent coronary heart disease
- Reduce the severity of depression symptoms
- Improve glucose control and reverse diabetes-related nerve damage
- Relieve chronic pelvic pain for women suffering from endometriosis
- Decrease seizures for epileptics
- Reduce pain for those with fibrocystic breast disease
- Decrease stress in fibromyalgia patients
- Lower the risk of gallstones
- Reduce inflammation and pain for gout sufferers
- Lower blood pressure
- Produce TSH for optimal thyroid function
- Protect the sperm membrane for men suffering from infertility
- Reduce hot flashes and minimize inflammation for menopausal women
- Prevent oxidative damage in the body for people with multiple sclerosis
- Delay the progression of osteoarthritis
- Fight bacteria and stop gum bleeding for those with periodontal disease
- Alleviate dry, scaly skin and other psoriasis-related conditions
- Protect the body and support the immune system for those with rheumatoid arthritis
3. CALCIUM D GLUCARATE
4. VITAMIN D SYNERGY
Calcium-D glucarate (calcium bound to d-glucaric acid) and Vitamin D (here, in the form of vitamin D3 with vitamin K1) complement each other beautifully in addressing several common health concerns. Both contribute to strong, dense bones, thereby minimizing the potential falls associated with osteoporosis, and also help control epileptic seizures due to out-of-balance calcium levels. In addition, calcium-D-glucarate supports the body’s natural elimination of unwanted estrogenic hormones, excess steroid hormones, and environmental toxins – especially beneficial for those with fibromyalgia.
Having trouble catching quality zzz’s? This synergistic formula of 5-hydroxytryptophan and vitamin B6 provides the precursors of serotonin, one of the key chemicals and neurotransmitters in the body necessary for good sleep support. Taken at bedtime, this supreme supplement can help support a sound slumber.
6. MAGNESIUM ASSIST SUPPLEMENT
7. MAGNEGEL TRANSDERMAL MAGNESIUM GEL
As its name suggests, Magnesium Assist helps get magnesium where it’s needed the most. It contains magnesium in the highly absorbable form of magnesium bisglycinate chelate, which helps prevent it from competing with other minerals for absorption.
Available in a convenient topical form, MagneGel™ is a pure, 100% natural solution of magnesium chloride that is applied directly to the skin. This highly efficient transdermal delivery system allows magnesium to be rapidly assimilated into the body for maximum relief.
- Magnesium can support a wide range of health conditions by:
- Keeping airways open and relaxing bronchiole muscles for those with bronchial asthma
- Offering relief for indigestion, constipation or inflammatory bowel conditions
- Facilitating muscle contraction and relaxation for those prone to seizures
- Alleviating fibromyalgia-associated headaches, fatigue and joint/muscle pain
- Stabilizing visual fields for those experiencing normal tension glaucoma
- Lowering systolic and diastolic blood pressure for those with high blood pressure
- Stimulating the thyroid gland to produce more T4 to increase energy
- Improving sleep quality for those suffering from insomnia
- Inhibiting crystal formation, thereby minimizing the risk for forming kidney stones
- Reducing the frequency of migraine attacks
- Replenishing key nutrients lost due to oral contraceptive use
- Enhancing bone health for those with osteoporosis
- Helping with headaches and bloating after a night of excess alcohol consumption
The super-nutrient for digestive and immune strength, L-Glutamine has also been found to have a positive support effect on cataracts. In addition, this amazing amino acid optimizes support for muscle growth, promotes support of wound healing, supports shielding the body from stress, supports balancing blood sugar, supports lessening leaky gut symptoms, supports fighting colds and flus, and supports fostering a healthy acid-alkaline balance.
9. ZINC MEGA SUPPLEMENT
10. ZINC CHALLENGE
Containing highly bioavailable chelated minerals from Albion, this “mega” dietary supplement features zinc and molybdenum in forms that are bonded to the amino acid glycinate to maximize absorption.
Available in a convenient liquid form, Zinc Challenge features highly absorbable supplemental zinc (as zinc sulfate monohydrate) in an opaque, non-reactive container designed to preserve the product’s integrity.
- Zinc may help support:
- Alleviate migraine headaches, diarrhea and other alcohol-related conditions
- Support the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy
- Offer relief from the need to urinate, with burning pain, due to cystitis
- Prevent a bladder infection from taking hold
- Modulate depression
- Replace vital nutrients lost in diuretic use
- Control the incidence of epileptic seizures
- Prevent fibrocystic breast disease
- Provide needed nutrients to those with herpes simplex
- Ensure thyroid levels are in balance
- Improve sperm quality and decrease male infertility
- Shore up depleted levels due to use of NSAIDs or oral contraceptives
- Prevent osteoarthritis-related degeneration
- Build strong muscles and bones
- Stave off bleeding gums and gingivitis associated with periodontal disease
- Support seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, acne and other skin-related conditions
When you take control of your health, you take control of your life. Share this must-have supplement selector with your doctor or holistic practitioner and see if there are any dietary supplements that can enhance your well-being and complement treatments you’re currently undergoing.
Remember: you’re your own best health advocate – and knowledge is power.