Spring is the season of renewal and revival. It's the time of year when the world and everyone in it are ready to clean out winter and welcome the warmth of spring. We get our homes ready for the season with annual spring cleaning, but how many of us get our bodies ready with a spring cleaning of its own?
The massages Ecobeautica offers are one way to give your body the "spring cleaning" it deserves. Massages could act as a sort of reset button designed to pull your body back into the cleaner, better state that it should be in.
Cleaning out the Body with Massage
Massages could improve blood circulation, which could have a number of effects on our bodies. Improved circulation:
- Allows our blood to better carry oxygen and nutrients throughout the body
- Supports the lymphatic system's ability to eliminate waste from the body (1)
- May offer pain relief and lessen recovery time after injury, surgery, or strenuous workouts (2)
- Could improve joint flexibility (1)
Massages also have an effect on stress and endorphin levels, lowering levels of the stress hormone cortisol and increasing the production of endorphins like serotonin and dopamine. This in turn could lead to positive changes in anxiety levels, memory, and mood. As if that weren't enough, the effect that massages have on cortisol levels could provide a boost to the immune system, since cortisol could weaken the immune system. (2)
Other effects of massages include:
- Improved sleep
- Better alertness and focus
- Reduced PMS symptoms (2)
Ecobeautica offers a variety of massages to get your body ready for spring:
- Consider the deep tissue massage for easing stress, inflammation, muscular tension, and cleaning out lactic acid.
- Choose the Swedish massage to decrease tension, increase circulation, and promote deep relaxation.
- Depending on the plant oils and flowers chosen, the aromatherapy massage could offer you relaxation, vigor, balance, renewal, and more.
- If you experience stress and anxiety, a traditional shiatsu could provide you with the relief you're looking for.
- Those who feel sore and tense, especially in their back muscles, should consider the hot stone massage to ease away that tension.
Don't forget to check out our other massages, too! Book an appointment for a massage online or call us at 718-382-9200 ext. 1. We are conveniently located in Brooklyn on Ocean Avenue between Kings Highway and Quentin Road.